INC, Jacksonville, Florida / Woodinville, WA · 2010 to present
Manufacturer/distributor of high-end outdoor casual furniture to independent specialty retail
National Sales Manager
Responsible for all sales initiatives, rep force & showroom management as well as program
development and dealer communication throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Grew the company by 300% from 2010 to 2015; significantly outpacing industry growth which averaged around 5% per year.
- Directly manage a team of 20 independent contract sales reps.
- Established Ebel Inc.’s first Rep Advisory Counsel with 4 reps from the US and Canada in order to facilitate new product and program development.
- Work closely with company ownership to develop ongoing product, pricing and program strategies through a rigorous and collaborative development process.
- Actively participate with ownership in the development and production of marketing materials including catalogs, pricelists and point of purchase materials.
- Emphasize and help to bring about internal improvements in customer service, warranty claims and general customer /company interactions.
- Directly deal with dealer and consumer issues and problems that escalate beyond the capacity of customer service.
- Act as the “face” of Ebel Inc. within the industry and to the press.
PATIO AND GARDEN CENTER, Boulder Colorado 2008 to 2010
Retailer of high-end outdoor furniture
Sales Manager – Contract and Design Division
Created the firms first B2B sales role, marketing outdoor furniture to interior design professionals,
restaurants, hotels, resorts and performing arts venues throughout Colorado.
- Responsible for all contract sales activity generating 100,000 in the first year, and over 400,000
through July of the second year.
- Developed all marketing materials for commercial sales including: email lists/monthly updates, website
design, print advertising, direct mail, tradeshow, and telemarketing efforts.
TERRACE LIVING COMPANY, Foothill Ranch, California / Boulder, Colorado
· 2007 to
Chinese manufacturer/distributor of patio and outdoor furniture.
National Sales Manager – Specialty Division
Set up and ran the divisional sales operations launching a brand new line of furniture for the high-end
- Interviewed and hired sales force,
- Developed and implemented sales forecasting, pricing, distribution and product roadmap.
- Spearheaded rollout of a new line (18 furniture collections with 126 skus) in 10 months.
- Improved product offerings by assessing market trends, reviewing and advising on concepts, and evaluating developmental prototypes (including visits to Chinese manufacturing
- Developed and produced all marketing materials including catalogs and pricelists for distribution to specialty retail channel.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN FURNITURE, Boulder, Colorado · 2006 to 2007
Regional outdoor furniture / accessories specialty sales company with over $2M in annual net
- Managed over $2M in sales to specialty retail stores across a 5 state territory for 13 high-end outdoor product manufacturers.
- Served as a solution-provider to retailers and eyes and ears for the manufacturers whose products I represented
- Acted as Sales Manager for one of my lines on an “ad hoc” basis; created pricing programs, contracted with independent sales organizations, and delivered a product presentation to
- Reached up to 300% revenue growth in the lines I carried.
- Influenced retail store sales increases for my product lines (10% to 75%) by training retail salespeople on product attributes and effective selling skills.
INDUSTRIES, INC., Wadena, Minnesota / Boulder, Colorado · 1997 to 2005
Manufacturer of outdoor casual furniture with $23M in annual sales distributed internationally (the
family business, started by my grandfather).
Board of Directors: Secretary / Treasurer (1998 to 2005)
National Sales Manager (2005) / Western Regional Sales Manager (2004 to
Oversaw 15 manufacturers’ rep firms generating $23M in annual sales. Served as customer “sounding
board” for design staff.
- As Western Region Manager, increased territorial sales 5% from $11.5M to $12.1M during period of
company-wide 8% decrease.
- Preserved customer relationships during tumult created by change in corporate
Vice President of New Business Development (2003)
Led an initiative to offshore a portion of production to China in order to facilitate the creation of
new retail accounts and new markets requiring custom product, pricing and marketing approaches.
Director of Continuous Process Improvement (1999 to 2003)
Created our firm’s first Quality Initiative to reduce product cost, improve accuracy in every internal
process and shorten development cycle time.
With People Cast Member
Bachelor of Arts in Communications and
Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
MBA Certificate (Mini-MBA),
Manufacturing Systems and Engineering
Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
University of Saint Thomas Graduate School of Business
International Casual Furniture Association